5 things you need to know this week
Posted on October 9, 2017 | Announcements
There are lots of things happening across the Dakotas Conference we want you to pay attention to these five things this week: Save the date for the 2018 Annual Conference. Watch and share this video invitation to DakYouth 17. Apply for one of the three grants that are available. Register for an upcoming Finance and Stewardship workshop. Get ready to attend confirmation camp or youth ministry training in the Rapid City area.
1. Annual Conference 2018 will be held June 7-9, 2018 at the Sioux Falls Convention Center, 1201 N. West Avenue, Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The registration fee for clergy and lay members to annual conference will be $115. Discover Joy: Live Deeply! is the theme for the three-day event. The foucs will be on the scriptual imperative to grow in love of God and neighbor (Matthew 22:37-40). Plenary speakers and preachers, pre-conference workshops, lunch and learn sessions will be offered and are great opportunities for equipping and inspiring clergy and laity alike.
The registration fee includes lunches on Thursday and Friday, allowing attendees to make the most of their time. The visitor registration fee is $20 per day, lunch is included.
This event is a great discipleship opportunity for all. We hope to see you in Sioux Falls!
2. DakYouth 17 is just around the corner. Have any plans November 10th-12th? If not, come join us at DakYouth 2017 in Aberdeen, SD! This is an event for both middle school and high school youth of the Dakotas Conference. Check out this special video invitation.
3. Finance and Stewardship workshop Invitation—This workshop in three Dakotas locations is for pastors, treasurers, finance committee members and anyone interested in giving and stewardship. Topics include: raising up generous givers, cultivating major donors and church finances in a digital age. Watch a video invite here.
4. Grants! Grants! Grants! Do you have an idea for ministry you want to start? Is there a program that feeds the hungry in your community that could use some funding? Do you have an idea to reach the young adults in your community? Apply now for one of three grants that are now available hunger grants, breakthrough ministry and school partnership grants and young adult ministry grants. Click here for details.
5. Confirmation retreat and youth ministry training in the Black Hills region on October 27-28—Join us at Storm Mountain Center to learn about the sacraments of baptism and communion. The retreat features teaching by a half dozen pastors and youth leaders and lots of great worship and fun games too! The cost of the retreat is $70. Click here details.
Come and learn about ways that you can enhance your youth ministry. Attend a training with consultant Stephanie Caro, Youth Ministry Architects, October 28th, 2017 from 9:00 am-3:30 pm MDT. The training will be held at Rapid City Canyon Lake UMC, lodging is available at Storm Mountain Center. Details here