How shall we celebrate 45 years of excellent leadership? Bishop Ough has always been passionate about developing leaders for the Church. We can join the Oughs in their passion to develop leaders. There are two ways you can give to honor the Oughs.
- The United Methodist Higher Education Foundation is facilitating an endowed scholarship in Bishop Bruce R. and Char Ough’s name to celebrate their leadership. Already, $173,000 has been given or pledged for the endowment, which will provide funding to award an annual scholarship to a Dakota Wesleyan University undergraduate student discerning a call to vocational ministry. Donations can be mailed to the Dakotas United Methodist Foundation, PO Box 460, Mitchell, SD, 57301 (be sure to put “Ough Scholarship at DWU or #3798 in the memo line).
- The Bruce and Char Ough Scholarship at Garrett-Evangelical was started in 2002 in appreciation for their exemplary leadership to The United Methodist Church since Bishop Ough’s graduation from seminary in 1978. When he completed his service as resident bishop of the West Ohio Area in 2012, gifts were invited to this scholarship. This scholarship will be a lasting tribute to the Oughs’ faithful Christian service. It will also perpetuate their love for the church by enabling others to prepare for ministry at Garrett-Evangelical Seminary. Donations can be made by sending a check to the Dakotas United Methodist Foundation, PO Box 460, Mitchell, SD, 57301 (be sure to put “Ough Scholarship at Garrett” in the memo line).
- Another way we would like to honor the Oughs is through greetings in the form of written stories (sent electronically), video messages and cards. Stories and thank yous collected by October 2, 2020 will be shared with the Oughs during our celebration at Annual Conference. We will also continue to share stories, videos, and greetings in the weeks following Annual Conference.
- Send stories by e-mail to Susan Punt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to record a short video message, please record the message on your phone and text it to Doreen Gosmire at 605-770-8540.
- If you wish to send them a card, you may send it to Dakotas Conference, PO Box 460, Mitchell, SD 57301.
We are indebted to the Oughs for their ministry among us. Thank you for joining us in celebrating Bishop and Char Ough. We hope you will pray for the Oughs as they transition into a new season of ministry.