: Dakota Medical Foundation, Fargo, ND Date
: November 5
Please save the date! You are warmly invited to attend an important gathering during the first weekend of November.
- What? “Still Living with the Doctrine of Discovery”
- When? Saturday, November 5, 2022
- What time? 9 am to 4:30 pm CT
- Where? Dakota Medical Foundation in Fargo, ND
- What is the Doctrine of Discovery? A 500-year-old series of Christian edicts that violently deny the personhood of Indigenous peoples around the world.
- Why does it matter today? The Doctrine still influences public and religious policy, with the US Supreme Court citing it as recently as 2005.
- What's the purpose of this event? To support faith communities to learn about the Doctrine with guest speakers and group reflection, understand its real-life impacts on Indigenous peoples, and act with hope and courage to repudiate it.
- How can we participate? Each faith community is invited to bring a group of 5 or so people. If possible, we welcome donations of $100 from each faith community.
- Who should I contact for more info? Rev. Karen Van Fossan, 701.202.2421
We hope you can join us!