Youth Worker Academy - POSTPONED
Due to uncontrollable circumstances, Youthworker Academy 2020 is postponed until further notice. We apologize for any inconveniences and hope you will join us once we reschedule.
Join us for an amazing time of training, sharing and connection for pastors and lay leaders that work with youth in churches across the Conference.
Youth Worker Academy will be held at Storm Mountain Center on April 17-19, 2020.
Our guest presenter will be Chris Hansen of Leadership Harbor. Find out more at leadershipharbor.com.
• Identifying & Investing In Our Leaders - Building a Team of Volunteers in your Youth Ministry is likely the most important component to a successful ministry second only to your own spiritual & personal health. So, let's dive into what it means to retain your team by investing in and adding value to them.
• Keep CALM & Lead On - You’re the Youth Pastor, can you keep calm when suicide or issues of bullying impact your youth & ministry? What about your Leaders & Students, will they keep calm? In this workshop we’ll unpack suicide prevention & bullying prevention with a simple approach that will help you stay calm, ask the right questions, lead and move.
• Time To Shift Gears? - Whether you’ve been in ministry for 10 years or 10 minutes, it’s never a bad time to take a step back and ask “why?” Why do you do the things you do in your ministry? As a Leader? Why does your ministry do things the way they do? Maybe it’s all working well, but maybe it’s not. As things in our world move faster and forward more quickly let’s evaluate if a gear shift in your ministry or your own self is necessary.
• Yesterday Ended Last Night, Be Intentional With Today! - Intentionality is the key! Being intentional is harder than it sounds, but it is paramount to living our best life and leading our best ministries - for our students and leaders. When we commit to intentional living things start to happen, goals are met, lives are impacted, purposes lived out. Know your ‘Why’ and then start living with intentionality.
- Cost: $75
- Ages: Pastors and youth leaders
- Speaker: Chris Hansen
- Schedule coming soon
- Register Online (Program Classification = CCYM/DakYouth Events, Program # = 865)
- For assistance and additional information, call the area camping office here.
For a wrap-up of the 2019 event at Lake Poinsett Camp and Retreat Center, click here.