United Methodist Communications has some excellent resources for churches in the process of starting a web ministry or advancing an existing one. Here are the direct links to the pages on their website relating to church websites.
- What Is Web Ministry?
- Basic Tools
- User-Centered Design
- Website Building
- Online Promotion
- Web site services
Social Media in Ministry
Social media offers a free and easy way for churches to connect with people.The Dakotas Conference maintains social networking accounts for Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Instagram, and Flickr. For all of these accounts we use the handle dakotasumc.
United Methodist Communications has some information on Social Networking for Churches which we highly recommend as a good starting point for developing or enhancing a social media ministry.
Setting Up a Church Projection System
Using video and motion backgrounds is a constantly growing trend for churches and worship groups, but initiating this type of project can be a little overwhelming. We’ve put together a little check list of sorts to help get you started and answer some of those daunting questions.
What You Need
If you want to start incorporating video into your worship service, there are a few fundamental supplies you need to get your hands on first.
- A Projector. Have a budget? Great! Buy one on Amazon. Don’t have a budget? Reach out to local libraries or schools to see if you can borrow or rent one.
- A computer. It can be a PC, a Mac, a laptop or a desktop. You can make anything work!
- Cables. We’ll have a whole section on picking the right one later on.
- Software. We’ll get to this later on, too. Learn more
North Dakota vendors:
- Dakota Sound, Bismark, ND Website: http://dakotasound.net/ Phone: (701)222-0064
- HB Sound, Fargo and Grand Forks, ND Website: https://www.hbsound.com/ Phone: 701-775-1150
South Dakota vendors:
- AVI Systems, Sioux Falls, SD Website: avisystems.com, Phone: (605) 782-4141
- Excel AV Group, Sioux Falls, SD Website: http://excelavgroup.com/audio-video-lighting-systems-sioux-falls-sd/ Phone: 877-659-0397
Please e-mail any recommended vendors that you have first-hand knowledge of.
Church Tech Today: Church Tech Today is the #1 church technology website for pastors, communicators, and leaders. With the goal to provide insight into a variety of topics including social media, websites, worship, media, mobile, and software, Church Tech Today aims to shed light on how church technology can empower and position churches for impact and growth. Learn more
Share Faith: Over the last 15 years, Sharefaith has partnered with over 100,000 churches globally. Churches sign up for a monthly or yearly membership (less than $700) and receive: worship presentation software, graphics and media, Sunday school lessons and activities, kids Bible videos, mobile app, website services, giving platform and support. Learn more
Worship House Media: WorshipHouse Media offers the best in mini movies, worship song tracks, church countdowns, worship backgrounds, and small group videos. Whether it’s a normal Sunday or you are preparing for a special holiday service, you can find the perfect mini movie for a sermon illustration or engaging background for worship lyrics and announcements. Churches or individuals pay a per usage or download fee based on the media selected. Learn more