Renewal application for those who have already received a Student Debt Reduction grant once or twice in the past.
Purpose: To reduce the amount of student loan debt incurred by clergy in appointment in the Dakotas and Minnesota Annual Conferences and increase personal financial literacy through participation in offered financial management education opportunities.
- The applicant is a provisional or ordained deacon or elder or a licensed local pastor in good standing with the Dakotas or Minnesota Annual Conferences.
- The applicant is under appointment and actively serving a local UM congregation or an extension ministry in the Dakotas or Minnesota.
- The applicant is a provisional or ordained deacon or elder or licensed local pastor in the Dakotas or Minnesota Annual Conferences who has been under active appointment within the last year, but is currently on leave.
- The applicant is able to provide evidence of current student loan debt resulting from college or seminary education.
- The applicant has previously received a student debt reduction grant and is applying for a renewal.
- The applicant, as described above, is eligible to receive up to $5,000 annually renewable up to three years total, not to exceed the student loan payoff.
Complete the application between July 1 and August 30, 2019.If you have questions about the grant process, contact Diane Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org.