Deans & Ambassadors
If you would like 2018 curriculum, please email the office
- Counselor in Training (C.I.T.) Packet
- Abuse Policy and Appendix (signature required at registration)
- Social Media and Communication Guidelines (signature required at registration)
- Camping Mission, Core, Values, and Outcomes
- Current Camp and Retreat Ministry Policies
- Camp Finance Report 2017
- Dean's Job Description
What Is A Camp Ambassador?
The purpose of a Camp Ambassador is to share real-time camping and retreat information with children, youth and families in their local churches and communities, as well as other ways to become involved in this life-changing ministry!
Camp Ambassadors act as the spokesperson for UMC Area Camping within their church. They are the conduit for information to flow between camp and local churches. Ambassadors work closely with their pastor/s, Christian education staff, church families and Camp staff to help make sure families stay in-tune with camping opportunities throughout the year, primarily in the spring. Camp Ambassadors work within their local churches to continue the tradition of sharing the mission and ministry of a UMC camping experience!
Our goal is to make it easy…even FUN to share this powerful opportunity, rich in tradition and rooted in faith, which is why we have put together these amazing tools for you to use to share camp!!
Camp ambassadors are asked to:
- Work with other church leaders to plan a Camp Sunday celebration—a day designed to provide multiple opportunities for people to hear about Dakotas Camping, including in worship
- Work with church leaders to set a goal for camp participation and find ways to financially support campers
- Promote Dakotas Camping through announcements, bulletins, and newsletters.
- Discuss Dakotas Camping in Sunday School and with youth groups.
- Answer questions and encourage people to register for camp!
The camping ambassador for your church does not do this alone. The Dakotas Camping Staff is happy to work with your ambassador in helping inform your church and community of the camping opportunities in the Dakotas.
Camping Ambassador Resourses
Camp Ambassadors Guide - this is your complete guide to everything you need to know! Planning tips, a timeline guide, what to say, how to plan a Camp Sunday – it’s all here!!!
Camp Sunday Woship Resources
- Camp Brochures - Please let the camping office know and we would be happy to send more! If you would like to look at the catalog on-line click here - 2018 Camp Brochure pdf
- If you would like more camping posters to hang to promote Dakotas UM Camping you can email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speaker Reservation Form – want one of our amazing Site Directors or Conference Camp Staff to come and help promote camping on your Camp Sunday? Complete this form and send NOW!
- Worship Suggestions – including calls to worship, hymns, scriptures, prayers and benedictions! Use this or change it to make your own! Click here for a bulletin insert.
- Promo Video is below for you to download.