Skip to Main Content
Pool 3

Wesley Acres

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register for camp?

There are FIVE options to register for camp! Please feel free to choose whichever is most convenient and comfortable for you. 

  1. On-line - Visit our direct online registration web page, or search through our camps and events page, then click on register at the bottom of the page.
  2. Over the phone - Please give us a call at 1-855-622-1973
  3. Email - Email your completed registration form to
  4. Postal mail - Send your completed registration form to DAK-MN Area United Methodist Central Camping Office, 122 W Franklin Ave., Suite 400, Minneapolis, MN 55404
  5. Fax - Fax your your completed registration form to the camping office at 1-612-870-1260 

I’m registering on-line, or I’m planning to register on-line, and have some questions.

Dakotas UM Camping has partnered with Campwise, a nationally recognized leader in camp management software, for on-line registrations. 

When registering online for camp for the first time, please plan for the process to take about 15-20 minutes to complete. If you have registered online before, you can use the same login information. If you have forgotten your login or password, please call our office at 1-855-622-1973, and we will be happy to help. Remember, registering online is the fastest and best way to guarantee your spot! Register at

We suggest you gather all the items needed before you start. Dakotas United Methodist Camps wants to make sure we have the most current information to keep campers safe and secure during their time with us. You will be able to search through available camps once all required information is entered. After completing your online registration, you will receive an automated confirmation email. If you do not receive an email directly after you register your camper for camp, your registration is not processed. Review your registration for missing  information then resubmit. If you’re still having trouble, call the camp office at 1-855-622-1973.

A $100 deposit is required with each camp registration unless otherwise indicated. The balance is due in full two weeks prior to the start of camp. For financial assistance, please complete the campership application on the forms section found at the bottom of the page at, or check the campership application request on your paper registration form. Please contact us for more information and help with some of the most common on-line registration challenges.

When does early bird registration end?

Early bird registration ends April 30, 2019. Its $5 off a night at camp, so a two night camp would be $10 off. If you are unsure of the prices, they included online in "Camp & Events". Find your camp your interested, and click "More Info".

What is the Bring-A-Friend Discount?

For each New* Camper you or your child brings to camp in 2019, you will receive $25.00** off the price of your camp.  This is our way of thanking you for helping us make camp even better with even more smiles by bringing along a friend! 

*New Campers are defined as those who have not been to any Dakotas camping event in the past 3 years. **Discounts acannot exceed the cost of your event registration fee. 

How can I pay for camp?

A $50 deposit is required on 2 night camps and longer camps require $100 deposit with each camp registration unless otherwise indicated. The balance is due two weeks prior to the start of that camp. Additional payments can be made with a credit card, or by calling 1-855-622-1973.

What if I need financial assistance?

The Camp & Retreat Board feels strongly that everyone who wants to attend camp can do so, and that no camper will be turned away because they can't afford to pay. We provide campership funds to the individuals who need them most, based on individual and family needs. Our expectation is that your local church, personal funds, other sources of support and conference support will combine to cover the registration cost for one conference camping event of your choice. Please allow enough time for this application to be reviewed prior to your camp experience. Click here to apply for a campership.

What is my church code?

Some of our churches have requested that they pay part of the camper’s registration. They would like the camping office to bill them at the end of the summer. You will need to contact your church to receive this code.

How do I apply the church discount?

We have worked hard with our vendor on creating a better way to apply a church discount. There are two ways to apply the code. One way is when you are registering for camp, you can apply toward the end of registration or the second way, you can apply at the "Make Payment' screen. This has been an added feature this year. If you have multiple people using the code from your family, this feature will allow you to choose the family members the code needs to be applied to.

What happens after I register?

If you registered by paper you will receive a confirmation packet within two weeks that will include a health form, a release of liabiity waiver, a Parent and Camper's Handbook, a map to camp, and a welcome letter with a list of what each camper needs to bring to camp. Instructions about times for check in and check out, payment and other important information will be included in this packet. If you do not receive this packet within two weeks after you register, please call the Camping Office between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm weekdays.

If you registered online, you will find the camp welcome letter, map, and Dakotas-Minnesota Area Parent’s & Camper’s Handbook in your Campwise online registration"dashboard" after you have completed registration under the "Online Forms" section. A copy of the welcome letter and PDF versions of all forms are also located in the Downloadable Forms" section.

If you would prefer to have all the forms and camp information sent via US postal or would like it emailed as attachments, please email requesting the information or call the Camping office at 1-855-622-1973 between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm weekdays.

How do I find out what to bring to camp, what time to come, and what time to be picked up?

Please refer to the welcome letter for each camp that will list what each camper should bring to camp, what
they should NOT bring to camp, what to expect at camp, and instructions about times for check-in and check-out.

If you registered online, you will find the camp welcome letter in the "Downloadable Forms" section of your Campwise online registration"dashboard."

You will also find welcome letters on the Camp and Events web page. Simply click on the title of the camp you are attending, and you will see a listing for welcome letter under camp information.

What is the Refund Policy if I have to cancel from a camp - can I get my money back?

Cancellations must be received in writing. Email us at Please
see the following breakdown for applicable cancellation fees:
If cancellation is received:
• More than 21 days before the start of camp, a full refund will be given.
• Between 15-20 days prior to the start of camp, a full refund minus a $50
processing fee will be given.
• Between 8-14 days prior to the start of camp, a full refund minus a $100
processing fee will be given.
• Less than 7 days prior to the start of camp, no refund will be issued.
• A no call/no show to camp will result in forfeit of all payments.
Full refunds will be given in the event of a documented illness or family emergency. In all cases, a refund will be issued only if requested.
Please call the camping office at (855) 622-1973 (toll free) with any questions.

Do I register by grade or age?

Our youth and child camps are by grade completed of the school year 2018-2019 year.

How will I know if I got into a camp?

You will receive an immediate, automatic confirmation email when you register online. If you do not receive an email, your registration has not been processed. Please review your registration for missing information or call the camping office at 1-855-622-1973 for assistance. If you register by mail you will receive an email from the camping office when the registration has been processed if you provided an email address on the registration form. The Camping Office will notify you if you are on a waiting list. If this is the case, the Camping Office will suggest other camp experiences you may enjoy.

Can my child go to your camp?

All Dakotas UM camps are open to everyone, regardless of race, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or disability.  Additionally, campers need not be United Methodist. All campsite program staff members receive training on the inclusion of those with disabilities, and the campsites welcome such persons. Off-site and wilderness-based camps present more challenges for individuals with disabilities, and arrangements for those are made on an individual basis. 

How do I register my child with special needs? 

  • Fill out the Camper's Needs information section on the registration form.
  • Provide additional comments where indicated.
  • Dakotas UM Camping representative will contact you regarding your camper's need.
  • Personal care attendants are welcome to attend camp with their camper.

If you have anything that you would like to discuss with us further, please don't hesitate to contact our offices:

What does a typical day at camp look like? 

Each camping event has its uniqueness; however, most will include a daily schedule that includes the activities highlighted by the session chosen, worship and Bible study, pathway activities (camper choice times), meals and snacks, large group and small group activities, an afternoon rest time, swimming, and evening activities.

What do I need to bring to camp? 

Each camping event has its uniqueness; however, most will include a daily schedule that includes the activities highlighted by the session chosen, worship and Bible study, meals and snacks, large group and small group activities, an afternoon rest time, swimming, and evening activities.

Do I need to bring money to camp? 

Our sites have camp stores where you may purchase awesome camp items to have during your time at camp and bring home to remind you of all of the special camp experiences.  At check-in, you will turn your money in which will be applied to your store account. Any left-over money will be returned to you at check-out.

Is there transportation to campsites?

There is only transportation offered to Storm Mountain during certain weeks. Click here for the Storm Mountain Bus Schedule.

What if my child has health problems or takes medications? 

Each camp has a Health Care Manager qual­ified to handle accidents and health issues who will oversee distribution of medications. On opening day medications are collected and parents will verify special medical con­siderations we need to be aware of. We keep medical forms you have completed on hand so we may reach you.

How are campers grouped into cabins? Will my 9-year-old be staying with a 16-year-old? 

Campers are grouped into living groups based on age and gender, while always maintaining strict camper-to-staff ratios. Campers may request up to one bunk mate.  We do our best to honor requests. To request a bunk mate, simply complete the appropriate section on your registration form and on-line there will be a spot on the “Dashboard” that will say “Cabin Mate”.

I still have some questions or concerns about my child's time at camp. 

No problem, we're happy to speak with you! Please feel free to contact us with any of your questions. 

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.(not all bases apply to all programs.) Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


For more information, contact the Child and Adult Nutrition Services office at (605) 773-3413


Dakotas Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church 605.996.6552 logo _Slider.jpg 1331 University Ave. Mitchell SD 57301-0460 US 43.69689310 -98.03291320 122 W. Franklin Avenue Ste 400 Minneapolis MN 55404 US 0.00000000 0.00000000 1331 W University Ave Mitchell SD 57301 US 0.00000000 0.00000000 1331 University Ave Mitchell SD 57301 US 0.00000000 0.00000000