Purpose:To provide seed money for saving for the future to clergy in appointment in the Dakotas and Minnesota Annual Conferences and increase personal financial literacy through participation in offered financial management education opportunities.
- The applicant is a provisional or ordained deacon or elder or a licensed local pastor in good standing with the Dakotas or Minnesota Annual Conferences.
- The applicant is under appointment and actively serving a local UM congregation or an extension ministry in the Dakotas or Minnesota.
- The applicant is a provisional or ordained deacon or elder or licensed local pastor in the Dakotas or Minnesota Annual Conferences who has been under active appointment within the last year, but is currently on leave.
- The applicant has been under appointment at least one year and less than four years and has completed EarnSaveGive: An Introduction to Financial Well-Being along with an approved personal financial education course.
- The applicant, as described above, is eligible to receive a one-time grant of $1,000 upon completion of approved personal financial education.
Steps in the Application Process:
Complete the application below.Provide documentation to Diane Owen of completion of the approved personal financial literacy training opportunity which was offered through EarnSaveGive: An Introduction to Financial Well-Being(Approved options include Ramseys Financial Peace University or GoodSense Movements Freed Up Financial Living.) Send documentation to Diane Owen firstname.lastname@example.org mail to: Diane Owen, 122 W. Franklin Ave., Ste. 400, Minneapolis, MN 55404-2453.
Grant Review Process:
- The application will be reviewed by Diane Owen, program director of the Lilly Grant. All personal information provided is held in strict confidence and not shared with anyone outside of the Steering Committee without your consent.
- Applications for the Seed and Save Grant are reviewed within two weeks of submission and the recipient is notified of the applications status within 30 days of review.
- A grant of $1,000 is paid to the applicant within 60 days of the applications approval. The recipient will receive a 1099 at the end of the tax year.
If you have questions about the grant process, contact Diane Owen email@example.com.