Board of Ordained Ministry
The Board of Ordained Ministry is responsible for supporting persons who respond to God's call to professional ministry as an elder, deacon, licensed local pastor, or other certified and licensed ministry options.
Board of Ordained Ministry Information and Guidelines
For the deacons and elder path:
- Candidacy Process for Deacons or Elder Path
- Requirements for Ordained Ministry-Full Membership (Deacons/Elders)
For the local licensed pastor and associate member path:
Before coming for provisional membership, you must complete your educational requirements within 4 months after your expected date of commissioning. For example, if you will complete your final class in September 2020, you may submit your paperwork by September 1, 2019 to be potentially commissioned at Annual Conference 2020.
- Candidacy Process for Local Licensed Pastor and Associate Member Path
- Requirements for Provisional Membership (Commissioning)
- Requirements for Associate Membership
Additional requirement resources:
Licensing School 2020:
The 2020 Dakotas Conference Licensing and Lay Ministry School will be June 20-26, 2020 at Lake Poinsett, SD. The dean is Rev. Val Reinhiller.
Registration is open. To access the link as well as more detailed information, please click HERE.