Board of Ordained Ministry
GHBEM E-Resources for COVID response
GBHEM recently launched a page on their website that has a number of resources in response to the COVID pandemic. It's a helpful place for candidates, clergy, and local pastors who are seeking additional information:
Board of Ordained Ministry Information and Guidelines
The Board of Ordained Ministry is responsible for supporting persons who respond to God's call to professional ministry as an elder, deacon, licensed local pastor, or other certified and licensed ministry options.
For the deacons and elder path:
- Candidacy Guide
Please contact the BOM registrar Sara McManus with any questions you might have.
- Before coming for provisional membership, you must complete your educational requirements within 4 months after your expected date of commissioning. For example, if you will complete your final class in September 2020, you may submit your paperwork by September 1, 2019 to be potentially commissioned at Annual Conference 2020.
Application Requirements for Commissioning as Deacon/ Elder (Provisional Membership)
- Application Requirements for Ordination as Deacon/ Elder (Full Membership)
- Candidacy Guide
For the local licensed pastor and associate member path:
Additional requirement resources:
Licensing School 2020:
The 2020 Dakotas Conference Licensing and Lay Ministry School will be June 20-26, 2020.
UPDATE 5/11/20: It has been determined that licensing school will be online. More details to follow.
UPDATE 3/23/20: In light of our country's crisis of COVID-19, we will determine if we will be meeting in person during our Licensing School at Lake Poinsett or online. We will let each of the registered students know when we are given directives.
- The dean of the Board of Ordained Ministry is Rev. Val Reinhiller.
- Materials as well as more detailed information please click here.
- The registration is now closed. If you have any questions, please contact Rev. Val Reinhiller.